Many with chronic pain may not qualify for a functional restoration program but may still want services to help reduce and manage pain, improve health and maximize physical function. SPARCmed also offers a unique personal coaching and instruction experience to improve:
Pain Management for Non-Functional Restoration Candidates
Mobility & Motor Control
Strength and Conditioning
Body Mechanics & Exercise Technique
Sport Performance, Fitness & Nutrition
These sessions are on an individual, per diem basis with a qualified professional. Clients are taught strategies that help them increase independence and control of their own health.
Are you a SPARC Med candidate?
The typical candidate for the SPARC approach is someone who has undergone extensive medical and/or surgical treatment with only temporary or minimal improvement.
Specific factors that make functional restoration an appropriate option include:
- Significant deconditioning from diminished activity due to pain, fatigue or illness
- Psychosocial factors such as depression or stress that exacerbate the pain
- Sleep disturbance related to pain
- Over-reliance on medication for pain control
- Family disruption due to pain and functional limitations